KitchenAid Meat Grinder Attachment - FGA
Turn your stand mixer into your own personal gourmet grinder! Create fresh ground meats and sausages, perfect salsas, bean dips and more with the KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment.
Perfect for the home gourmet who loves to use the freshest of ingredients as well as for those who like to know what goes into their processed meats - we're sure it won't be fat and other weird things!
The Sausage Stuffer accessory is a great addition to this attachment. Both items are also available as part of the KitchenAid Gourmet Attachment Pack.
The KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment is compatible with all KitchenAid Stand Mixers.
- For use with all KitchenAid Stand Mixers
- Attaches to the drive hub of the mixer
- Made of very hardy and durable plastic, metal worm gear
- Grinder unit is in three pieces for easy cleaning
- Includes one coarse grinding plate and one fine grinding plate, both stainless steel
- Also includes a plastic stomper to push food down to the feeder
- All plastic parts are dishwasher safe
- Colour: White
- Model: FGA
- Weighs just over 2 lbs
Tastier Meatloaf, Fresh Turkey Burgers and More
Ground meats purchased from the supermarket is often full of fat and connective tissues that you probably wouldn't even want to think about. By grinding your own meat with the food grinder attachment, you can choose what cuts of meat go into your ground beef and leave out all of the unappealing stuff.
Grinding your own meat can also be more economical, too. Keep a lookout for deals on large chuck or sirloin roasts. Both grind very well, and taste much better.
Make Your Own Sausage
There are several fantastic sausage recipes that work beautifully with the KitchenAid Food Grinder Attachment. My favorite use is to grind up a batch of Alton Brown's Italian Sausage. Rather than stuff it into sausage casings, I portion out the batch into ½ lb freezer bags, and use it for my meat sauce on Spaghetti Night.
If you want to make your own sausages in casings, you can do that with the addition of a sausage stuffer attachment made specifically for the Food Grinder Attachment.
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
The Food Grinder Attachment is also wonderful for creating your own fresh salsas and dips made with firm fruits and veggies. And having your KitchenAid Stand Mixer right there is perfect for completing many of these recipes, because once all your ingredients are ground, you can mix them with the same machine!
For Best Results:
Raw Meats - Slice meats into small strips or cubes, and freeze for half an hour before grinding.
Cleaning - After grinding is finished, grind a couple of pieces of firm bread through the grinder. This will catch most of the sticky food particles left behind, making it easier for your dishwasher to remove the rest.
Key Product Details
- Model: FGA
- Manufacturer's Warranty: If your kitchen electric/countertop appliance or cook's tool fails during the first year, KitchenAid® will replace it free of charge. Our Hassle-Free Replacement Warranty guarantees that we will:• Deliver a replacement right to your door.• Arrange the return of the failed appliance.• Guarantee the new appliance for one year.